Author Topic: Ascii Patrol goes ALPHA 1  (Read 14065 times)

gumix

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Ascii Patrol
Ascii Patrol goes ALPHA 1
« on: June 01, 2016, 07:13:21 pm »
Access is made public, from the homepage (middle menu button) - just in case somebody skipped it.

* I'd appreciate any feedback from you, yes that means you need to register to the forum. Otherwise my server would turn out to spammers' pub ;)

* In case of any download / install / play problems, I will love to help.

* Please use this topic for anything related to the ALPHA-1.

gumix

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Ascii Patrol
Re: Ascii Patrol goes ALPHA 1
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 02:00:05 pm »
See what others are saying about Ascii Patrol. Their very first impressions come from reddit's gamedev Feedback Friday:

https://m.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/4mb7pd/feedback_friday_188_exclusive_invite/d3ualy3

Kyzrati

• View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 07:05:53 am »
Awesome to see it getting some useful feedback there. I've been super busy lately with my own release prep, so haven't had a chance to check out Alpha 1 before today.

Unfortunately, it's become even less playable than before for me :/ (latest FF, Win7). Earlier it was just rare hiccups presumably due to the GC, but now it's too jittery to even survive much of the first map. I tried it in my backup browser, Opera, and it doesn't work at all there (just shows a black screen). I can't even install Chrome on my machine, so I couldn't try that...

The downloadable version works great, but I wanted to try and get on the online high scores :P

gumix

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Ascii Patrol
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 10:33:29 am »
I've been super busy
Yep, I noticed that, heavy forging alpha 9?

even less playable
I think the issue is related to browser's indexed DB, which I use to store persistent files and recording player's key presses.
Later, I'll provide you a test link w/o this functionality, if it would run at least as smooth as pre-alpha I'll get rid off IDB somehow.

The downloadable version works great
Good to hear, note that you can have hi-scores with windows version if you install CURL https://curl.haxx.se/
Also windows version requires at the moment manual font change and palette tweaking, will be done from app in next version.

Thanks!

Kyzrati

• View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 10:36:11 am »
Yup, Alpha 9 is done so I'm kinda relaxing today :)

I'd be happy to try out a test link for you.

gumix

• Administrator

• View Profile
    • Ascii Patrol
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 03:18:50 pm »
I've uploaded the hotfix, directly to the alpha directory, so in order to see if it is working, press refresh in your browser.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to see your nick on hi-scores soon, thanks.