General Category > General Discussion

Ascii Patrol goes ALPHA 1

(1/2) > >>

gumix:
Access is made public, from the homepage (middle menu button) - just in case somebody skipped it.

* I'd appreciate any feedback from you, yes that means you need to register to the forum. Otherwise my server would turn out to spammers' pub ;)

* In case of any download / install / play problems, I will love to help.

* Please use this topic for anything related to the ALPHA-1.

gumix:
See what others are saying about Ascii Patrol. Their very first impressions come from reddit's gamedev Feedback Friday:

https://m.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/4mb7pd/feedback_friday_188_exclusive_invite/d3ualy3

Kyzrati:
Awesome to see it getting some useful feedback there. I've been super busy lately with my own release prep, so haven't had a chance to check out Alpha 1 before today.

Unfortunately, it's become even less playable than before for me :/ (latest FF, Win7). Earlier it was just rare hiccups presumably due to the GC, but now it's too jittery to even survive much of the first map. I tried it in my backup browser, Opera, and it doesn't work at all there (just shows a black screen). I can't even install Chrome on my machine, so I couldn't try that...

The downloadable version works great, but I wanted to try and get on the online high scores :P

gumix:

--- Quote ---I've been super busy
--- End quote ---
Yep, I noticed that, heavy forging alpha 9?

--- Quote ---even less playable
--- End quote ---
I think the issue is related to browser's indexed DB, which I use to store persistent files and recording player's key presses.
Later, I'll provide you a test link w/o this functionality, if it would run at least as smooth as pre-alpha I'll get rid off IDB somehow.

--- Quote ---The downloadable version works great
--- End quote ---
Good to hear, note that you can have hi-scores with windows version if you install CURL https://curl.haxx.se/
Also windows version requires at the moment manual font change and palette tweaking, will be done from app in next version.

Thanks!

Kyzrati:
Yup, Alpha 9 is done so I'm kinda relaxing today :)

I'd be happy to try out a test link for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version